Monday, April 16, 2012

Yonhap Confirms Foreign Confidential™ Reporting: Iranians Involved in Ballistic Missile Program Observed N. Korea Launch


A dozen Iranian officials, responsible for the country's ballistic missile program, visited North Korea last week to observe its latest rocket launch, which ended in failure, a diplomatic source here said Sunday.

"On March 31, 12 Iranians of the Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group (SHIG) arrived in North Korea. The Iranians undoubtedly were there to observe the missile launch and receive test data from North Korea," the source told Yonhap News Agency, requesting anonymity.

South Korean government officials neither confirmed nor denied the allegations, citing a practice of not commenting on intelligence-related matter.



Iran was involved in Pyongyang's provocation, analysts say. North Korea's proliferation partner paid for the launch; Iranians observed the event.

The next day, Friday, April 13, Foreign Confidential™ again reported that an Iranian delegation "observed the North's missile launch … and will also be on hand for the country's upcoming missile firings … and nuclear tests."

Three days earlier, on April 10, Foreign Confidential™ reported "that a delegation of Iranian military and intelligence officers and scientists and technicians will be on hand for the event, as they were for previous nuclear and missile tests."


Iranian experts will probably observe the upcoming missile launch, which is set for sometime between April 12 and 16.