Israel beyond the headlines, courtesy of Israel Bonds:
- During a June 5, 2012 visit to Israel, OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurria expressed confidence in the nation’s economy, noting Israel has “done very well, exceptionally well, in a very, very difficult world economy.”
- Four Israelis made the list of the 100 most influential women in high-tech in Europe. Selections were made on the basis of leadership and excellence.
- Professor Daniel Hillel was the recipient of the 2012 World Food Prize, the first Israeli to win the prestigious honor.
- The June 2012 issue of Bloomberg Markets notes Israel bonds “have won a following among professional investors.”
- The Israeli film God's Neighbors was a prize-winning entry at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In its annual assessment of Israel’s economy, issued on April 2, the IMF states that despite continued global economic issues, 'Israel’s fundamentals are strong.’ The report notes: ‘Inflation and inflation expectations are squarely within the 1-3 percent target range, unemployment is at historic lows, the net international investment position is a surplus, and public debt has fallen steadily to below 75 percent of GDP.’